in film we trust
22,35€ – 23,85€
In Film We Trust mocks the words written on the us dollar “in god we trust”, and mimics the massonic/christian iconography of the ‘eye in the triangle’ and the pyramid. The text in the ribbon is also a reference to the famous words by photographer Jilles Peress: “I don’t trust words, I trust pictures”.
This graphic has many references to the film photography pantheon all mixed up:
- The eye has a six-blades diaphragm in place of the pupil
- The icons in the vertices of the triangle are the Lomo’s focus area icons found in the LC-A, in the Smena Symbol and Smena 8M
- The numbers in the circles are the corresponding focus distances in meters
- The text SYMÉTRIQUE is from a very rare and mysterius lens produced in France, the A.F.R. Anastigmat Symétrique 11cm f/6.8
- The lens’ design at the bottom is the 1896 version layout of the Carl Zeiss Planar f/4.5
Show your love for vintage film photography! This graphic has it all!